ipod not showing in itunes after upgarde

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by takeitfromme, Mar 23, 2009.

1. takeitfromme

takeitfromme New Member

Hello there,
    i wonder if you guys could help me out. i have 1st Gen ipod touch which I jailbroke two yrs back with 1.1.1 frimware that time. it was working kool, two days back i thought of upgrading the firmware and itunes in my mac powerPC. i downloaded the new version of firmware and installed it in ipod and updated itunes to the latest version. Since then, when i connect ipod it is not showing up in itunes in my mac laptop. i tired apple recommended troubleshooting 5Rs and also reintalled itunes freshly 3/4 times but no progress in getting over with this issue.

My Ipod is charging when its connected and has those 11 basic applications. Music and videos are crashing when opened. I also noticed that of the total 8 GB i got only 4.5 GB left free which makes me to think that there must have been something gone wrong with the upgrade.

Is there a way i can reinstall the frimware without getting it on itunes or is there any fix for this solution?

Help me out please !
  2. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Restore your device to the latest firmware WITHOUT backing up - i.e. do a clean restore. That should fix your problems.
  3. takeitfromme

takeitfromme New Member

Hello there,

Thanks for your reply. how do i restore it when it is not showing up in itunes? Is there any other way than doing it in itunes?
  4. Duykur

Duykur Banned

Go into DFU mode, then restore