iPod not retaining its charge?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by tckrockz, Apr 15, 2010.

1. tckrockz

tckrockz Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I got my ipod touch 3G on the 1st of february 2010 and i re calibrated the battery on the beginning of each month i have noticed that it doesnt retain its charge. Before it lasted about 1 day before the battery dropped down to at least 60% now it does so in about 20-12 hours. I am pretty sure it doesnt hold its charge as it did when i first got it. Any suggestions on how to fix this?
  2. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It really depends on what you use it for. In standby mode it shoudl last ages (1week plus), regular basic use (listening to music etc.) could keep you going for day and if you're hammering games it'll probably be a few hours. You shouldn't notice any major changes this soon after buy,ng it as the batteries capacity slowly degrades (will be at about 80% of original after 18months to 2 years). As it's still under warranty if you really think it's bad then take it and get it replaced.
  3. shashanknegi

shashanknegi Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    wow, i got mine same time, it just started to go lose its charge overnight, and dropped down to 60% also
  4. tckrockz

tckrockz Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    oh that sounds like the same incident. what did you do?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Well i use it for mainly music and internet but i am sure i drained the battery more in the first few days and it did drop upto 70% on the first day. But is the apple warranty global? Cause it was a gift and i am not in the same country right now.
  5. rawfuls

rawfuls Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Should be, take it into any Apple store, and they should replace it free-of-charge if it's a manufacturers defect, and within the 1 year period.
  6. shashanknegi

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i just left and waited overnight, not sure how its doing now, but it seems okay, maybe a restore will be in order...
  7. tckrockz

tckrockz Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I just did a restore but it didn't fix it. I topped up the battery and surfed the web for like 1hour and it's down to 90% right now
  8. shashanknegi

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    well via apple's tech specks, you should actually be down to 80% battery instead. theres only supposed to be 5 hours of surfing capabilities.
  9. iPwn

iPwn Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Yeah that's really good. I only get about 7 hours of web surfing.

Somehow, Jet Car Stunts has a reall efficient engine, so I can pull of 4 hours with it, but with NOVA or NAzi Zombies, i get like 2 hours.
  10. shashanknegi

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    yeah me and my bro were playing NAzI zombies and after 45 min i was down to 55% and he was at 85%. i think its cause i have a 3G and he has a 2G