iPod not restoring!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by auni1996, Aug 5, 2010.

1. auni1996

auni1996 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well previously, when I hadn't known of iPTF, I had tried to restore my iPod. The first time, my iPod was acting weird, so I restored it. It went through the deleting process and everything but wouldn't load up again. It would just stay black. The Apple rep couldn't help and I had to get a new one (warranty).

A second time, I tried upgrading to 3.1.3. Same thing happened. Now i'm considering upgrading to 4.0, but I really don't want to the same thing to happen. With the new iPod, I've tried new wires and I've also tried different USB ports. What can I do to avoid this? Should I just got to a friend's house and do it?

For reference, I have an MC model 8 GB iPod Touch 3G. I'm considering upgrading coz of that tutorial that lets me enable multitasking.
  2. Oliver Barker

Oliver Barker New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well tell us the erros you are getting. We might be able to help. Otherwise try putting it into dfu mode then restoring.
  3. iTouchMan

iTouchMan New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Restor to a Custom firmware maybe? And yeah telling the errors would probably help
  4. auni1996

auni1996 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I think it was error 1604, but as it was months ago, I don't quite remember. I remember the Apple rep taking me through DFU mode.
  5. iTouchMan

iTouchMan New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    To go into DFU mode just plug in the iPod Into the computer, hold down the power button & home button for 10 seconds, after 10 seconds let go of the POWER button but keep holding the home button for another 10 seconds and I'd your iPod is stuck on a black screen, your in DFU mode

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. auni1996

auni1996 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    My point was, the DFU mode did NOT help...
  7. macdaddyable

macdaddyable New Member

i have the exact same problem. i used blackra1n to jailbreak my ipod touch and a few months when i tried upgrading to a new version (which your not supposed to do..) it went into restore mode. i tried using restore and i kept getting error 1604. i have tried dfu mode but it failed as well.