Ipod Not Responding

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Exodar, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Exodar

Exodar New Member

Ipod Not Responding!!!

hi, a strange thing happened to my jailbroken 1.1.3 itouch yesterday, i'll try to explain what happened as clear as possible.

i was using it until the battery power went down very low, and it shut off by itself. i tried to turned it back on and there was a picture telling me to recharge my ipod. so then i went and plugged it in to my power adapter, and tried turning it on again. the apple logo appeared, and started flickering after a few seconds. it continued to flicker for about 10 minutes or so, and then it arrived at the home screen. now every time i try to turn my ipod on, it goes through this process of flickering for several minutes.

the springboard functions properly(i can scroll through my apps), but none of the applications work properly. for example, when i click on "music", i get to a screen showing my list of music. when i try to scroll through the music, the list doesn't move at all. and when i try to select a song, nothing happens. it's like the screen is frozen in place.

this also happens to my other apps like installer. the main screen in installer loads up but then i am unable to click on any of the buttons at the bottom of the installer screen(install, update, uninstall,...etc).

what i'm looking for is a way to fix this without having to restore my ipod, or if i do have to resort to that, how can i save my current apps and then reinstall them later?

any help is much appreciated

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Hockeyman271

Hockeyman271 New Member

SAME THING HERE! this has happened to me like 3 times somebody please help!

( i know this is an old thread but this is the only one i could find with this problem.)
  3. P0150N0U5 F15)-(

P0150N0U5 F15)-( Banned

I can only suggest restoring, as you have allready restarted...
  4. gatorhator

gatorhator New Member

Yes! I solved it thank you winPWN alright is your ipod is pwned easy just change your boot logos worked for me!
  5. flattop95

flattop95 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    this happens to me a lot, just keep restarting until it works, once you get bored of that, then restore
  6. mlbplayer456

mlbplayer456 Banned

happened to me too just restore.
    has anyone had this weird problem: So randomly one day i pressed the ipod power button (standby) and all it did was go back to the lock screen and turned the backlight off and the touchscreen didn't work. But i just restored has this happened to you?
  7. drklnk

drklnk New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    This happened to me like three times, just remove the last app that u installed, and remove the dock.app, apps like ants freeze the screen, don`t restore.