Ipod not responding? Look here!

Discussion in 'Pwnage and Winpwn Discussions' started by poopingfish1, Aug 5, 2008.

1. poopingfish1

poopingfish1 New Member

I just recently tried to win"pwn" my ipod, and as some of you have experienced I was under the impression I had bricked it. This is not the case! Follow these steps carefully, and you'll be back up in no time!

1)Downgrade Itunes to 7.5. This is ABSOLUTELY necessary!

2) Connect ipod to your computer

3) Push home button then sleep button simultaneously, count for 8 seconds then let go of your sleep button but NOT the home button.

4)Continue holding the home button for ~10 seconds, if done correctly your computer will beep alerting you of your ipod being connected. Congratulations! I bet you havnt gotten this far yet!

5)Download a restore file if you dont already have one. I personally skipped to 1.1.4 and all went perfectly well.

6)Open up your Itunes (Version 7.5, right?) and it should display the message that your ipod needs to be restored. This is good.

7)Shift+click the restore button and navigate to the directory containing your restore file. Click open, and procede. Let it do its thing.

8)Grab a cup of coffee, or some oreos and milk if youre anything like me.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Once it finishes, success! You are now back in the green. Free to do as you please!

Notes*
    I just did this, and it worked perfectly well for me. It will for anyone whos ipod got winPWNT to nothing. Putting it into DFU mode may take a few tries, but trust me it will happen.

Lastly a shout out to stuartw for he was the one I found out the 7.5 trick from. I cant express my thanks enough, hats off to you sir.

Goodluck everyone!
  2. Envy

Envy New Member

I had this issue, I tried this process with iTunes 7.5 but it seemed to work only after I updated to 7.7. Also, after I had to repeat steps 3 and 4 twice, even after the computer had detected my iPod to get it to go past the "Waiting for iPod" stage.

Maybe someone else may find this useful...
  3. poopingfish1

poopingfish1 New Member

If you dont have itunes 7.5, 7.7 will just throw the 16xx error or whatever. 7.5 will let you restore it.
  4. b1j4nt

b1j4nt New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    winpwn 2.0.0.4 worked fine for me when i was pwning my 2.0.1. everything is going smoothly so far, but installer 4 is very dissapointing.