iPod not recognized / unable to boot after JB

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by salamie, Feb 24, 2009.

1. salamie

salamie New Member

Hi
    I got two problems:
    First of all I tried many different ways to jailbreak my iPod Touch 2G but everytime it just booted into Recovery Mode and iTunes said I have to restore my iPod. I used the tutorials or some boothelper, but every time the same! I also read some tutorial, which meant I shall turn off the Apple services and programs but it didn't help. Is there anything how to do it?

The second problem is that I unplugged my iPod when it was directly after flashing and iTunes said it is going to reboot please don't unplug etc. but I thought it could help with the first problem. But now my iPod isn't recognized at any PCs I tried and its just a black screen and I can't do anything or see if it's in DFU Mode or something else. How could I solve this?

Thanks a lot
  2. Tavis_C

Tavis_C Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Its supposed to go into restore mode at some point in the JB. If you've gotten it there, then you're partway done. What I would do is use one of the programs floating around here, like cyw00ds jailbreaking app. Its going to make it super easy for you.

For the second part, plug it in, and go into DFU mode. I have to use both buttons for 10 seconds, then just the home button for 8. Once you get into DFU mode, I would restore to 2.2.1 firmware, and then re-JB. Let us know how it goes!
  3. salamie

salamie New Member

To the restore mode? If you mean that I have to flash the iPod. Yes i got there but after the flashing it was impossible for me to boot the iPod.

And to the second thing. It doesn't work. I tried it a few times but Windows and even libusb don't recognize it.
  4. jalvarado

jalvarado New Member

When you plug your ipod windows may not recognize it. You have to put it in DFU mode based on your timing, not in the sounds from your computer because sometimes they don't work.

Hold the Home and Turn On/Off buttons during 10 seconds. Make sure your timing is as accurate as possible. release the Turn On/Off button and keep holding the Home button.
    Your pc should detect it.

This step is something I had to do because apparently the firmwares can't be used after modified. Download a new 2.2.1 Firmware and Restore your iPod with it. It should work now.

When it finishes restoring. Use Cywood's tool to rejailbreak but put the firmware that you just downloaded and restored in the Cywood folder in order to make a custom firmware. Go through all the steps and see how it goes.
  5. alexak93

alexak93 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    omg...... look at the other threads on the forum this answer is all over the place.
  6. Fenderboy

Fenderboy New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah do a simple search, should answer your question.

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. Alok

Alok New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    To help you with the DFU mode thing, try using the Window's built-in clock
    just double click on the time [bottom right corner], and use the seconds on the clock that pops up

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. salamie

salamie New Member

Thanks for the help. It worked for me now! I searched the board and google but it never worked.