iPod not recognized in iTunes/Cydia not working

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by iEatApplesLikeYou, Apr 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iEatApplesLikeYou

iEatApplesLikeYou New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    • Illegal/piracy-related discussions
    I changed a few things on my touch tonight and now Cydia will not run, and my iPod won't show up in iTunes, so it has to be one of the few things I did earlier. I installed mobileinstallation in Cydia and changed some permissions in SSH, so I'm guessing it was the latter that may have messed everything up. I want to change the permissions back to default but I don't remember what they were, and can't seem to find it online either. I really don't want to do a restore and lose everything, so...would anyone happen to what the default permissions are, or, if you haven't changed yours, be able to check for me? The permissions I changed were the following:

/private/var/mobile/ <Applications> to 777.

/private/var/mobile/ <Documents> to 777.

/root/Applications/ <Documents> to 777.

/root/ <Applications> to 0755.

The last one I changed by mistake (wrong folder) so if anyone knows what the permissions of that one is supposed to be, I would like to try that first.
  2. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I can think of only one use for the file you installed... 24hr ban. Please read the rules before you post again.

Thread closed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.