iPod not recognized by laptop

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by panc.jefe, Feb 2, 2010.

1. panc.jefe

panc.jefe New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I have a new iPod Touch, 64GB. I installed iTunes downloaded several CDs and had no problems with synching. Then, between one synch and the next, the laptop (VAIO) stopped recognizing the iPod and vice versa. I tried restarting and resetting the iPod, tried it on multiple USB ports (other devices work on those ports), rebooted my computer, erased iTunes and reinstalled it. Nothing. Any suggestions for an iPod neophyte?
  2. Enkeixpress

Enkeixpress Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    It'd be best to restore the iPod via iTunes.. That's the the only thing you haven't tried or haven't mentioned in your post.

If that doesn't fix it, You'd better get a replacement on it because it's probably faulty or something.
  3. panc.jefe

panc.jefe New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    How can I restore the iPod via iTunes if it isn't recognized by the computer?
  4. richardcav

richardcav Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I had a problem with my laptop and itunes turning their back on my ipod. If all else fails, give this a shot. it worked for me and I'd tried EVERYTHING.

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2026582#post2026582

That was a link to the post I made. I hope this is legal.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    By "I hope this is legal", I mean as in applicable to forum rules.

I would've copied and paste the post, but the links wouldn't stay active in the transition. Sorry.

Now another thing that just happened two days ago when I tried to install the updated itunes was that the driver of the ipod wasn't even recognized at all. In this instance, nothing showed up at ALL, except the device management. In there, the ipod showed up twice and it had no driver.The program totally wiped my ipod. It acted like it backed up the ipod before following through with the installation, but it didn't and I lost a $10.00 album I had just purchased. It definately did not back it up or that album would have been there. (yes, I searched my entire computer three times, and yes, I contacted apple since the purchase is on my history).

This is what I did to fix this one: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1339