iPod not getting past lockscreen

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by McCulloch, Mar 28, 2009.

1. McCulloch

McCulloch New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok; well I have done the NOR Only restore along with my custom boot logo and verbose, but it seems that it still shows the connect to iTunes screen instead of my wallpaper on the lockscreen. iTunes now recognizes the iPod but it says:

'iTunes could not connect to the iPod/iPod Touch because it is locked with a passcode. You must enter your passcode on the iPod before it can be used with iTunes'.

Kinda hard when it doesn't show the slide to unlock bar and instead wants me to connect to iTunes...

btw, it was working perfectly before i turned it off last night and turn it back on a few hours ago; this has never happen before. To re-jailbreak is not an option I would run to immediately...
  2. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I think you have to DFU and Full Restore your iPod.
  3. McCulloch

McCulloch New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yea, every time I attempt to go into DFU mode it doesn't work. I usually wait for the windows chimes but instead of the normal sound acknowledging that it has been connect to the computer it gives me two quick unplugged usb sounds in a row...
  4. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    To make NOR verbose run do this.....i had too.
    CMD propmt cd to your irecovery then
    iRecovery -s

clearenv1

setenv auto-boot true

saveenv

fsboot