Ipod not charging?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by basd, Nov 11, 2009.

1. basd

basd New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi,
    I bought my ipod touch 8Gb recently (last 6 weeks-ish?) and haven't had a problem with it until now.
    I jailbroke with blackra1n and got all the jailbreak goodness out of my ipod, but today my ipod stuffed up, and i had to put into DFU mode (is that where u hold the home and power button until it turns off?) and then restarted it, re-jailbroke it, etc.What i noticed though, was my ipod never got to full charged even after 4 hours (it was already on 90% or something before it screwed up and i had to restore) the little sliver of green at the end of the battery did not fill up, however on my ipod battery indicator (the one on the top right hand corner) had a little plug in it, indicating that it was fully charged - my itunes said nothing (as in, the little battery sign next to the device (my ipod) had no lightning bolt or little plug. I felt my ipod, and there was no heat, suggesting that it wasn't charging. I later enabled numerical battery,a nd it says its at 88% (although i dont know how accurate that is.)
    So what I was wondering is, do I have a problem? or jsut a bug?

Sorry for the long-winded explanation, but if anyone could help me out, or assuage my fears that my ipod simply will not charge again, that would be greatly appreciated,
    thankyou
  2. SoBe

SoBe Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    this often happens to me and all i do is keep plugging the ipod into the usb cable until the bolt shows up and all works fine.

and i believe holding down the home and power button until it turns off just forces the ipod to shut down.
  3. basd

basd New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ok, well ive used about 50% of battery (according to battery meter) and I'll charge now and see if it's alright, thanks for your reply
  4. SoBe

SoBe Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ive also read somewhere that if you drain the battery to empty, then it works. but im not sure about this since ive never tried it.
  5. arithmatics

arithmatics Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    yes. draining your battery then charging works. this happened to me once and i drained the battery. as in just playing tap tap and listening to music at the same time and like. whatnot. then just plugged it in. it should first show the battery charging on the ipod first before opening on itunes and saying its charging