iPod not charging with computer

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Quadrant, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Quadrant

Quadrant New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    This only happened recently. My iPod is still at a decent 86%, but it is not charging with my computer. It shows up in iTunes and everything, but in iTunes, under "Devices", next to "<user>'s iPod", there is a battery icon, and usually it has the lightning bolt icon (charging) or the plug icon (charged). However, in my iTunes, it's simply a battery icon that's about 7/8 full. Not charging at all. On the other hand, my iPod Touch's battery shows that it is fully charged (a plug icon), which seems to disagree with the percentage of 86% right next to it.

Has anyone else experienced this? Will a simple restart/reboot of my computer and iPod fix this?
  2. Xandu

Xandu New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Why don't you see for yourself?????

You can also check that SSH and other battery-hungry apps are closed...
  3. Soutar_3DG

Soutar_3DG Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    unplug it leave for a little while then plug it back in, it will start charging again.
  4. Quadrant

Quadrant New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Nvm, it works now.
  5. lildraconboi

lildraconboi New Member

I'd hate to bump this topic after you fixed it...but I'm starting to have the same problem a lot. I'm actually trying to get it to charge right now and every time I plug it in, it charges for a minute and then like Quadrant said, the battery icon in iTunes is just the battery. No charge sign or anything.

@Quadrant: Did you do anything special to fix it? Or did it fix itself?
  6. m-man

m-man Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    I am having this problem as well, ipod syncs and works fine, but sometimes i get a blank (no lightning bolt) icon in itunes, and the 'plug' full charge icon on the ipod itself, however, i have the color changing battery theme, which turns the battery blue when its 100%, and its still green,
    so something is all screwy