Ipod not charging properly?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ojloaf, Oct 29, 2009.

1. ojloaf

ojloaf New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Recently ive noticed that my ipod is not being charged properly. I Plug it into my computer via usb, and it shows the little lightning bolt in the battery saying itsw charging, but a half hour goes by and it doesnt go up at all, i have to re-plug it in and that works on occasion.

Could winterboard be causing this? I have a custom theme on it and a custom battery logo and slider, would that have any affect?

thanks
  2. 4NewHop3

4NewHop3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    I don't think a program like winterboard can be causing this,have you installed other things?
  3. ojloaf

ojloaf New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Not really no. Maybe its just freezing on itunes, because i unplugged it and lpugged it back it, an dit was fully charged within 30 seconds. Maybe it just wasnt showing it on itunes, i dunno
  4. 4NewHop3

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    do you press the eject button or do you just yank your iPod out?
  5. ojloaf

ojloaf New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I just yank it out
  6. 4NewHop3

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    That's part of the problem!

You need to press the eject button before disconnecting your iPod because my 1G iPod touch never charged properly for me yanking it out instead of ejecting it, luckly I was still in warranty when this problem was occuring and I got it replaced.

I say restore your iPod first and If that doesn't resolve the problem then exchange your iPod for a new one and when ever you disconnect your new iPod touch, remember to eject before a disconnect.