iPod not booting

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by CheeseMo, May 16, 2009.

1. CheeseMo

CheeseMo Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    My iPod froze and I turned it off with the slide to turn off thing, which I think is the problem. Now when I try to turn on my iPod, it's not turning on... Any ideas?
  2. charlieiscool12

charlieiscool12 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    if itunes recognizes it, restore....
    if it doesnt, DFU restore
  3. CheeseMo

CheeseMo Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yeah I DFU restored.
  4. redsn0wshoes

redsn0wshoes New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    okay people!!

Look, this problem for me DID NOT require a full restore. Put it into DFU mode and once itunes recognizes it, get out of DFU by holding home+power for 30 sec.... and then it should boot. It's only happened to me once but that was the solution.
  5. CheeseMo

CheeseMo Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    OH god, well I already restored, so I guess I'll have to redo all this. I'll do that next time.
  6. litobro

litobro Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Make sure you are using redsn0w 0.3 to ensure you have untethered your ipod.
  7. Gema

Gema New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I don't know how to thank you!!!!

I had the same problem with the Ipod Touch 2g stuck in the Apple Logo and I was desperate until I've found your post...

I have tryied and this really worked... just put in DFU mode and then Home+Power for 30 sec. The ipod just went back to the apple logo screen again (at this point I tought it didn't worked), but then, suddenly it came back to life!

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. CheeseMo

CheeseMo Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Sucks for me because I fully restored my iPod...
  9. redsn0wshoes

redsn0wshoes New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    you're welcome.

Please Register or Log in to view images

It was kinda scary, even tho I knew that an ipod will always DFU.... so i thought, what if i can get it into DFU, and then get out of it again, if that will make it work? And it did. I figured, if i can successfully get it into DFU, and then i get it back out, well if it doesnt work, then i can at least DFU restore back to factory and start the jailbreak over. honestly, tho, if it does this to me again i'll seriously consider going back to stock apple firmware. I had this problem, and once i had the problem where the home button would only bring up the music controls, even without a double click, and the sleep button wouldnt power down. that one was scary too, but the 'DFU flip-flop' woriekd for both of 'em... once the ipod's battery died, anyways.

no bueno, no bueno.