ipod not being recognized via usb - restore without iTunes?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by pikamookie, Oct 29, 2007.

1. pikamookie

pikamookie New Member

Hi guys, I tried using the jailbreakme.com method, but it quit unexpectedly. Now when I try to restore it in iTunes, iTunes doesn't recognize the ipod Touch. Nor does my computer. The computer doesn't make that sound when you unplug or plug in your ipod and I've tried this on two computers now. The ipod is buggy and half jailbroken and I am able to SSH into it.

Is there a way to restore the ipod without iTunes?

MUCH THANKS!
  2. itouch101

itouch101 New Member

Please use the search feature..
  3. pikamookie

pikamookie New Member

I'm sorry, I really did try. But the search feature won't allow me to search for "usb" because it's less than 4 characters. Also, I tried searching specifically for "restore without iTunes" and "restore with SSH only" and nothing came up. I really don't mean to be a newb, but I'm coming up empty. Can someone please help me out? Thanks again.

edit: also, I am able to get it into restore mode, but iTunes doesn't recognize that it's plugged in when it's in this mode either.
  4. pikamookie

pikamookie New Member

wow, 4 computer restarts and countless ipod reboots and restore modes later....it is finally being recognized in iTunes. I have no idea how this got fixed, all I did was continuously restart everything over and over again. WOOOHOO!
  5. itouch101

itouch101 New Member

All you had to do was hold down the stand-by + home button when your ipod reboots and you see the apple you release the stand-by.. and itll go into recovery mode
  6. pikamookie

pikamookie New Member

Yeah, but I was able to get it into restore mode before (by doing just what you described) and it never connected to iTunes....I guess it was just 5th times a charm? I had it in restore mode on two different computers. Strange. But it works now!
  7. ehnnnuuuggg

ehnnnuuuggg New Member

omg i have this same problem but its not being recognized!!!!!