iPod Not Accepting Touches?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Veritas06, Jun 5, 2008.

1. Veritas06

Veritas06 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I just updated to the latest version of Intelliscreen today (i believe it was 1.0), & after i saw you now have to pay for it, i uninstalled it. Now,i can get to the main screen on my iPod Touch 1.1.4, then when i try to open any app, it'll open, then nothing will register. Ill tap all over the screen, press buttons, etc. & nothing happens. i can go back to the home screen & open another app, but with the same problem.

I didnt have time to fix it before i left for work so when i got there my friend took a look at it, suggested plugging it into the computer, thinking that it may reset something on the iPod. Turns out it worked, but i think it was a coincidence because ive tried it at home & nothing changed. If it does start working again, i'm gonna try to install intelliscreen again & see if that fixes the problem.

Also, when i hit the lock button it just dims the screen, it doesnt actually put the ipo to sleep.

I'd love any help on this, or even just to find out if i'm the only one with this problem. I was hoping i wouldnt have to restore my iPod but at this point i really dont think i have any other choice =\

~Thanks in advance
  2. x6blues

x6blues New Member

I'd recommend doing a force reboot.
    Hold down the home and stanby (top) button until the screen turns black and the iPod reboots.

See if app/touch response will then work. If it does then this is only temporarily, the problem usually will continue.

Either way, SSH and delete the application folder of Intelliscreen in /Applications. This should resolve it.
    More info on SSH here

Best of luck

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Veritas06

Veritas06 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    No Intelliscreen folder left in /Applications =\. I was hoping that was the problem because that was the only changes i've made to it since the problem started. After the reboot, still having the problem. I guess my morning will involve backing up & reinstalling the apps =\. Thanks for the quick response x6