iPod not accepting certificate for 802.1x connection

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Leftblank, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Leftblank

Leftblank New Member

Hi there,

I'm running 2.0 firmware, jailbroken obviously, on my iPoT and I'm trying to connect to the university network of the TU Delft, which is named Eduroam - apparently it's on various educational facilities. To do so I had to import a certificate (from an email), which seems to work fine, until the moment I've entered by username/password, after doing so the screen will show a short description of the certificate, but no 'Ok' button appears.
    When I try to connect to the network then I receive no IP address and the config window keeps showing the nice 'busy' animation.

Personally I think it could be similar to the 'cookie' problem jailbroken iPods (used to) have, however, I can't find any info on where certificates and settings like these are stored. Any clues are welcome though.
  2. EricW75

EricW75 New Member

Ask the people at your university or the wireless providers? I dunno i never had a problem like that with connecting to internet before.
  3. Leftblank

Leftblank New Member

No option sadly, they do not provide any support. Nonetheless, apparently this was caused by instablility on the wlan end.