ipod needs to respring..

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by blah438, Jan 18, 2009.

1. blah438

blah438 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ipod needs to respring.. (fixed)

okay, so today i was charging my ipod touch 8gb (1.1.4). I unpluged it, and restarted it for some reason, nothing in particular. So, when it started back up, it brings me to my unlock screen, asking for my passcode. I type it in, and it brings me to my home screen as usual. Thing is, no icons show up except for my "Internet" folder which i made in categories. no icons on the dock appear. jsut that. I had "killboard" on my home screen incase this happens, because respiringing seems like its the only way to fix it.
    So my problem, i was wondering if there was any way to respring your ipod touch via USB. since, with my luck, my wifi is off, and i can't turn it on. im not restoring, so don't tell me to do it unless its the only way.
    thanks in advanced.
  2. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

3. cacman93

cacman93 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    try rebooting, it's the same as respringing without taking longer
  4. blah438

blah438 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    tried rebooting many times. i didn't change anything before it did it. its just extremely frustrating. but i can still plug it into my dock in my truck and listen to my music, thank god. its very weird though, because when it does what its doing, it needs to respring with the killboard program, because it did that before i had the killboard app, and i had to restore. so, i guess my only option now is to restore?
  5. Sarcasm Siempre

Sarcasm Siempre New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You should upgrade to 2.2 anyway. Just restore and get on the latest firmware.
  6. blah438

blah438 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    im not going past 1.1.5 too many classic apps that i have are on 1.1.x that aren't on 2.x
    so, if i do restore, it'll be right back to 1.1.4, or 1.1.5
  7. Sarcasm Siempre

Device:
    iPod touch
    What classic apps would those be, if you don't mind me asking?
  8. blah438

blah438 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i'd let you know, but i can't list them since my ipod is dead, and my external hard drive when them backed up on is at my house. just mainly the emulators, and games.
  9. Sarcasm Siempre

Device:
    iPod touch
    Most of the emulators have been ported, you know. gpSPhone, NES, PSX, MAME, ScummVM, they're all working. And SNES and Game Boy (Color) are in private beta as of now.
  10. blah438

blah438 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    maybe next time if it breaks, i'll upgrade. as for now, im staying on 1.1.4 becuase it fixed itself. thanks for all of the help though. much appreciated.