Ipod Nano Troubles

Discussion in 'iPod classic, nano, etc.' started by haloflames, Dec 21, 2007.

1. haloflames

haloflames New Member

Hey everyone, I am in Florida right now, on vacation! Yesterday, I was inside having lunch, when it started raining. It rains often here. When it stopped raining, I decided to go for a run around the neighborhood. I went to get my ipod, and, it wasn't there. I began frantically looking for it around the house. I didn't find it. Then, I realized my foolish mistake. I left my old generation Ipod Nano( with a plastic case ) On a bench right outside my house, in the rain! I ran outside, grabbed it, went inside, went to the bathroom, ripped the case off, and immediately started wiping the water off. It had this weird message on the screen saying something like Firewire cables can not be used for transferring, please use the standard USB cable provided( or something close to that). The scary part, it wasn't plugged into any firewire or USB cable or anything! I did the reset thing, and then turned it off. On the screen, the battery was showing and it said, charging. What the heck? It wasn't plugged into anything? Oh god, my Ipod must have got some rain into it or something I said. I plugged it in, it recognized my ipod, then a few minutes later, that message popped up( The one with the USB cable only) And itunes and my computer no longer detected it. I listened to it that night, and left it off, next to my bed, when I went to sleep. This morning, it did not turn on or anything. I plugged it into my computer, and its giving me the WEIRDEST message. Its showing the apple logo for about 4 second, then for half a second, it flashes a small battery with an explanation point saying "Please wait, very low battery" While it was plugged in.

Thank you for reading that, if you actually read it, now, what do you think I should do?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Jamezz

Jamezz New Member

I may not be an expert by any means, but it sounds like you have a short.

Whether it's the ipod itself or just the battery, I would keep it off and do NOT connect it to anything until you can resolve it. Further messing with it and trying to turn it on will only damage it further (if damage exists).
  3. haloflames

haloflames New Member

Ok, thanks. I'll just bring it to the Apple place when I get back. They will know what to do i'm sure.
  4. immolate5

immolate5 New Member

Make sure you make an appointment before going, or you might have to wait around a while.