Ipod Mini Problem

Discussion in 'iPod classic, nano, etc.' started by TheN00bster, Oct 10, 2009.

1. TheN00bster

TheN00bster New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hello. My mother bought a used iPod mini from a yard sale for $5. Supposedly it was sold because the owner just bought a touch. She said there was nothing wrong with it (of course).

Anyways, my mom told her she already has a cable for it. My mom only has usb iPhone cable with wall plug. She plugged it into the wall for about an hour, then I plugged it into her Mac and did an erase and sync. After that I got an update message and like an idiot, hit okay.

When it was finished the update (or so I thought) it said it had to be plugged into a wall adaptor, and displayed a graphic which looks like a laptop charger. I plugged it into the wall, and an hour later it still shows the adaptor graphic. I tried to reboot it and it goes from the Apple logo back to the adaptor.

Any ideas on what I can do??
  2. freemini

freemini Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    You have to plug it in iTunes not the wall..lol
  3. sambalayne

sambalayne Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    your an idiot!

i have in ipod 4g 20gb that also does this and the reason why is because when you do an update it flashes the boot rom and it wants to no that its not going to run out of juice on the middle of it otherwise you'll get a vary smexy brick!

now about your problem what type of wall charger is it? and do you live near an apple store? if you live near an apple store the most easy thing to do would be go in and ask if they will plug it into the type of charger that came with the older ipods and they will do it for you! i had to do this a while back because my charger stopd working they know the drill and prob get this type of thing all the time. if not then fined a friend with a different type of charger from you and try his
  4. metroplex

metroplex New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Let it charge on your PC/Laptop.. whatever the f*** your using. I have a mini and when it did that it means the battery is f***ed. Had to replace mine.
  5. sambalayne

sambalayne Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    wrong! it just needs to flash the rom! and you computer cant supply enough power
  6. metroplex

metroplex New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Ummm, same thing happened to my mini dude, it's probably the battery.