Ipod Might Be Bricked Wont Go Into DFU or Recovery Mode

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by wrestler1256, May 24, 2008.

1. wrestler1256

wrestler1256 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok so my friends ipod is really messed up. it has been charging on a computer for a whole day and it still has a picture on it of a battery with little red in it and a lightning bolt under it. i have tried to charge on a wall charger and that doesnt charge it either. it will not go into DFU mode or Recovery mode, manually or with ziphone or iliberty+. when you unplug it from the computer it shows a flashing red battery with a plug and an arrow to a lighting bolt. i have once got it to restore in itunes while the ipods screen is blank, but after the restore it was still messed up and did the same thing. it got messed up after a ziphone 2.6jailbreak not a pwn or anything. any help, Thanks.
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Sounds like a hardware problem. Definitley not a ziphone problem. Just restore and take back to the Apple store.
  3. wrestler1256

wrestler1256 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It cant restore! it wont go into dfu or recovery mode, and the computer does not recongnize it.
  4. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Well you said you got it to restore once. If iTunes recognizes it hold the power and home until is disappears from itunes and then let go of the power and hold the home button until it reappears and then restore.
  5. wrestler1256

wrestler1256 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    that is true but after the process was done the ipod still would not start. all that happened was itunes showed the restoring process. the computer didnt even recognize an ipod after the restore. i dont know how or why it recognized the ipod that one time.

EDIT:
    Sweet now the normal battery pics are not even showing and ipod still wont turn on or go into DFU or Recovery mode
  6. iRaw

iRaw New Member

well when its in dfu mode the screen is black so maybe its already in dfu mode
  7. wrestler1256

wrestler1256 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    nothing is recognized in itunes or my computer though
  8. alexzander0

alexzander0 New Member

Sounds like your battery is shot.
  9. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I know it may sound odd, but did you try restarting your computer? My iPod wouldn't show up the other day, so I just restarted and iTunes recognized it again.
  10. wrestler1256

wrestler1256 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yea i have, and i have tried it on a 2nd computer too. i think the battery is just shot, but if it is i dont get why it doesnt work while its pluged in.