ipod messed up from heat?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by blah438, Jul 18, 2008.

1. blah438

blah438 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Okay, so I always leave my ipod in my truck. where i live, it gets pretty hot here, and i know its not good, but it's never given me trouble like this before.

okay, so problem is that when i got my ipod from my truck (which has been parked outside for nearly 30 minutes now, and it wasn't very hot, nor was it in direct sunight) i noticed that the screen was not completely off from sleeping. it was very dimmed, and it did not display the time, nor did it display anything in the status bar. Which is wierd because I used it this morning and it was perfectly fine, also last night, i listened to music for like 7 hours straight. lol.. anyway, now when i try to use the touch screen, it doesn't respond to me when a program is opened. i use categories, and everything on the home screen responds. (everything) but when i open up a category, such as "games" and try to open a game, nothing happens. i can only use the sleep button, and the home button. when i try to open something from the home screen such as safari, or settings, it doesn't respond to my finger, but it does open and load up. installer too. opened it, loaded it, refreshed sources, but no response to my finger. (safari, installer, and settings are on my dock, so it is not associated with categories.)

someone please tell me this has happened to them and just letting it sit worked.
    i let the a/c blow on it for a while to cool it down, but it still does the same. :/
    thanks.. =(

EDIT: on pwned 1.1.4
    this f/w has never given me trouble. i've been on it for about a month now.
  2. Jake2392

Jake2392 New Member

restart it
  3. blah438

blah438 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    restarted it many times.
    hard reset, and the normal one. nothing.
    and itunes recognizes it still, btw. forgot to mention that
  4. jhloa2

jhloa2 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    restore. It's a pretty common problem... The way to fix it is to respring. So if your on a jailbroken device install killboard next time
  5. blah438

blah438 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    is there a way to respring through like a program or soemthing using wifi.
    but doesn't restarting it respring it?