iPod Menu Glitch, and other problems

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by KidDeath, Oct 19, 2009.

1. KidDeath

KidDeath New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey Everyone,

My sister got an iPod touch for Christmas. It has been working up until a week ago when the screen decided to go insane. I have restored the iPod Touch --3-- times. Installed the 3.0 update, and then 3.1.2 and still no luck. the Apple Store refuses to look at it, and the idiots on the phone keep telling us to restore it a thousand times.

Maybe you can help.

The screen is flickering and it's like.. I can't see -anything- on the screen, it's like everything on the screen is jarbled (not pixelated, just completed spazzed).

What's weird is.. if I let it sit for a moment, press the power button it will shut off and if I hit it again it'll come on to the unlock screen.. I'll slide it, it works fine, then I'll click into say "Music" and then it goes back to that jarbled screen and even if I power cycle it, it'll stay that way.. so I have to again, let it sit, and do the same thing.

Any ideas?

EDIT: I have found if I hit the power button a thousand times, it will eventually go back to the unlock screen.. but it still screws up.
  2. Tsukoi

Tsukoi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    That's something in the Hardware.
    Take it to an Apple store, and show them the Problem.
    Bring your Receipt for the iPod Touch, as that covers a 1 Year Warranty, and should be replaceable.
  3. KidDeath

KidDeath New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Weird.. after rapidly doing the power button unlock sequence for about 10 minutes.. it's working a /little/ bit better.

It can't be a hardware issue, because I have a song playing and the music menu is working fine now.. however when I stop the song and back out of it.. it starts screwing up again, haha.
  4. Tsukoi

Tsukoi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    .. So?
    It's something wrong with the iPod.
    If you've restored, three times, like you said you have,
    And it still isn't working like it should be,
    It's not something you've done, or your Sister's done.

Take it back,
    Or enjoy your Broken iPod.
    (Y)