iPod malfunctions

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by iTouchHoes, Sep 14, 2008.

1. iTouchHoes

iTouchHoes New Member

Well, ever since I updated to 2.1 my iPod has been acting weird.

1. Half the time when I listen to music and my iPod is on hold, the song will freeze at that point of the song and I have to unhold my iPod so that the song will continue playing.
    2. My songs don't auto-play half the time.
    3. My iPod uses a lot of its battery life now in a quicker amount of time.
    4. My iPod won't turn off! It will spam the "start-up" apple logo repeatedly until I manually turn it on, thus consuming battery life.

Along with these few malfunctions, I bet there are many more undiscovered ones.

I have restored my iPod over 3 times, yet none of the errors have been fixed yet.

If anyone could help, please do so.
  2. craigstephen420

craigstephen420 New Member

Take it back to the store. Theres something wrong with your ipod.
  3. iTouchHoes

iTouchHoes New Member

Could it possibly be the update though, because honestly it was working perfectly fine until I got 2.1.
  4. craigstephen420

I don't think so. I haven't heard anyone say anything about this update screwing up their ipods, or any other update for that matter. Mabey it malfunctioned while installing the udate. Try to restore to factory, then try to re-install the update. Mabey your ipod was just waiting for this to screw up, and installing a software update did it. I would bet the farm that its your ipod.
  5. iTouchHoes

iTouchHoes New Member

I guess I'll ask my dad where he bought me the iPod from (had it ever since last Christmas), so I could go send it to that store.
  6. craigstephen420

Your one year warranty is still effective so just take it in and see if they can either fix it or get you a new one. Well, not new, a refurb.