Ipod locks up when adding sources...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by freelancer91, May 4, 2008.

1. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok, I just got out of a fresh restore and jailbreak after coming within an inch of bricking my ipod touch. I am running 1.1.4. I have used iLiberty to jailbreak my ipod. The only thing I have installed after jailbreaking is bosstools. Whenever I go into the installer and try to add a source (in this case, it happens to be gojohnnyboi's source). As I am typing in the source, it usually locks up after 3 or 4 letters. The result is "http://goj" and also the "O" on the keyboard is held down even though I am not touching the keyboard. If I hold down the power and home button at the same time until it is forced to shutdown, and then start it normally, I get stuck on the apple screen. The funny part is that, by accident, I have found that continually pressing the home button over and over again on the apple icon screen will eventually give me the numberpad to unlock my ipod. I unlock it and it's fine, but I still don't have the source. Why doesn my ipod lockup every time I try to add a source?
  2. Clownassasin

Clownassasin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    oh, youll have to re jailbreak it, so restore it in itunes again and this time when you restore it, put it as a new device and give it a new name, then jailbrweak it using whatever method you want