iPod library not showing up in 'iPod'

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Retro.Kicks.Ass, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Retro.Kicks.Ass

Retro.Kicks.Ass Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    So recentl I've been on a bit of a dTunes/mxTube downloading binge and earlier this morning after I resprung my iPod I was hit with a shocker...
    Y'see, Im a musical persons through an through. Music is literally a part of my life....to maybe a slightly obsessive degree...I shower with it, sleep with it, sit with it, study with it, game with it... Someomes I won't hang out with people because I think their music sucks. I almost literally can't live without it. Anways, when I opened up the iPod app it said
    so I was like "sweet as" and went for a jog for half an hour. When I go back I checked up on it and it was still trying to update my library, which usually takes about a minute and a half to two minutes. I thought it might be going epically slow because of all the downloading I'd been doing so I left it and came back after a shower, breakfast, coffee and more breakfast. So after another hour I checked back up on it and still nothing. I raised an eyebrow and promptly put it into safe mode via SBSettings. This revealed my music library and I though the problem was solved and resprung to 'not safe' mode. Same problem. So then I fired up iFile am headed to /var/mobile/media/iTunes_Control/music.
    All the goods were in the bag. So raising an eyebrow again I killed the iPod process and resprung. After resprung I fired it up again and it says 'no music'. I checked iFile again and it's all there. I know I could probably fix it by connecting to iTunes and removing it all and then throwng it back on. Except I'm at the old mans house house-sitting and my only connection to the Internet is his wifi, which I've used for about a couple of gigs of downloads haha....anyways, anyone know how I could fix it? I'm going home omorrow but nan's paranoid I'll blow up her computer so I probably won't be able to use it and I'm impatient as ****

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thanks!
  2. AMurphy

AMurphy Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    sometimes this happens after a full sync is cancelled in itunes or respring all you need to do is connect it to itunes let it sync and it will be there
  3. Theodosius

Theodosius Active Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    Same issue happens to me when I cancel a sync. You just need to sync it again. Should solve your problem, good luck!