iPod keeps losing time!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by richy23, Jan 30, 2009.

1. richy23

richy23 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    My iPod keeps changing times/dates - and it seems to be when I sync it. I keep having to reset it and it gets a bit annoying!

Does anyone know why it's doing this?

Thanks!
  2. SumDaii

SumDaii Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    make sure the time/date is right on your computer that your syncing your ipod to
  3. Demonrob

Demonrob New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I had the same problem and I've searched on the net and it happens in my case because i hibernate my lap when itunes is still open and had problems with sync, i just close the itunes connect the ipod and the problem does not occur, i just find it out i haven't checked if from a clean start up happens too. I'll try it also.
  4. mcspazotron

mcspazotron New Member

That happens to mine too! Tis annoying having to reset time all the time. I keep an eye on this post.
  5. that one guy

that one guy New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    correct the date and time on your computer
  6. NeSEncHo

NeSEncHo Active Member

Yes, make sure the time zone on the computer is correct. This is what happens when you plug in the iPod:

Code:
    Tue Feb 17 16:43:07 unknown lockdownd[23] <Error>: (0x82a000) set_timezone: 
    Setting the time zone to /usr/share/zoneinfo/Asia/Hong_Kong

If the time zone on the computer is correct, then restart the computer. I've heard of things happening if you sleep/hibernate the computer with iTunes open. Otherwise continue to try things, such as reinstalling iTunes, restoring the iPod, and to an extreme, reinstalling Windows/Mac OS X.
  7. evilcryalotmore

evilcryalotmore Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i had that too
    What i did was Close itunes.exe and instead of turing itunes on 1st let the ipod sync to it.. This accurise when the laptop goes in hibernate so itunes time is off or some shizz
  8. nessiPod

nessiPod New Member

ipod losing date and time

I was having trouble with my 2nd gen IPT losing date and time. I thought it was on syncing.

But, it appears when I used Safari or Echofon for Twitter updating. It may have had something to do with twitter trying to confirm my location - which I was disallowing lately - *paranoid*?

I am happy to say that I have NOT had trouble with losing the date and time since I deleted Echofon app and resisted the urge to tweet from safari. that seems to be fine to do from laptop.

And, yes, after doing the above you will need to reset the date and time in the settings. but that was the last time I have had to do that - very happy!

Please Register or Log in to view images