ipod jailbreaking q's

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by makaveldon04i, Nov 11, 2007.

1. makaveldon04i

makaveldon04i New Member

im planning on getting a new ipod touch in a matter of 2-3 months...

i wanna jail break it,because the new apps look pretty dope,and almost the same as the iphone

so i have a few q's

will jailbreaking always be available?

what kind of apps can i have on it?

on a scale 1-10,how difficult is it to jailbreak it? im pretty good with computers, about fixing/and such, just outside of computers im dumb
  2. stellar

stellar New Member

well.. i'm not really sure how long its gonna last.. if you look around the forums you will find a lot of lists of applications available.. it is very easy to jailbreak.. you dont even really need to know that much about it.. but i guess its better if you do so you know exactly what you're doing.. i suggest the www.slovix.com/touchfree/jb on your ipod touch..
  3. makaveldon04i

makaveldon04i New Member

4. Joker

Joker New Member

I went to that site (www.slovix.com/touchfree/jb) and i managed. then i rebooted and restored my ipod touch, and when i try to go there again, there is only a white page, after the URL finishes loading with a question mark (?) on the top left corner!!!!!!!!! Nothing happens then...
    Plz help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. mynameisBEEKMAN

mynameisBEEKMAN Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    well, when you restored your ipod touch, itunes gave you 1.1.2 firmware, witch fixes the tiff problem, witch is how that site works, so follo the guides to jailbeak
  6. avaloncourt

avaloncourt New Member

Can you do me a favor and pop the "1" key off your keyboard? Thanks.
  7. CyberPrime

CyberPrime New Member

yarly, read dude. Learn about the firmwares etc.
  8. makaveldon04i

makaveldon04i New Member

9. 02 turbo

02 turbo New Member

1.1.2 cannot be jailbroken at this time, revert to 1.1.1 or wait for a new jailbreak method. In my opinion, jailbreaking will be gone once the SDK is released, ~ 2 - 3 months.
  10. eddy1103

eddy1103 New Member

I'm not sure, because the SDK will allow all developpers to create apps BUT all the apps must be delivered by Apple when it's done. And I'm sure this won't be free...
    So I'm going to keep all my apps from know, because I feel better donating for apps I know they are usefull to me and works well..
    Remember the iPod games, with the last iPod classic, no compatibility... so you pay for a game, and next iPod you have to pay again for the same game just because you buy the new ipod.

Just look at what was created in the last month, and how quick the hackers jailbreaked the iPod and iPhone. In 2-3 months, who knows how many new apps will be out ? The devs will probably copy the actual apps, or the devs of the actual apps will use the SDK to improve their apps...
    It's going to be some interesting moments anyway !