iPod jailbreak question

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by baghead1013, Mar 14, 2010.

1. baghead1013

baghead1013 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    if I jailbreak my iPod touch 8 gb 3rd gen using blackra1n can I turn it back to it's original apple firmware without having to get rid of all my apple app store apps and music and stuff or will I have to delete them the reason I'm asking is in case i can't stand it being tethered or if I just want the original firmware back also are there any negative effects to jailbreaking
  2. viperGTS

viperGTS Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    You will have to delete all of your stuff because the only way to get rid of a jailbreak is a restore which will wipe everything off of it.
  3. SPGreenawalt

SPGreenawalt Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Tethered means when its turn off then on its not jailbroken anymore unless if you run the program that you used again. That answers part of your question I don't have any tethered device and don't feel like looking it up.
  4. baghead1013

baghead1013 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have abother question do I have to be connected to the internet to jailbrake it every time I kno I have to be connected the first time I jailbreak it I'm just wondering if I have to be connected to reboot it
  5. SPGreenawalt

SPGreenawalt Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Well, I think you only need to be connected to download Cydia and Rock after you jailbreak it on your iPod and packages. This website has guide: http://www.blackra1n.org/fix-blackra1n/ , it only talks about wifi after jailbreak with openning Blackra1n on the device to install the installers. With being tethered and rebooted you will need to reinstall Cydia/Rock if you want more packages.
    Note: I never had a tethered device so some of this might be incorrect but this is what i gathered from BlackRa1ns site and a years experience.
  6. baghead1013

baghead1013 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have wifi on my iPod but on one of my computers the one I would preferrably put it on doesn't have Internet but my other computers do and my iPod
  7. SPGreenawalt

SPGreenawalt Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yea, I the BlackRa1n websites guide doesn't say you need wifi on computer. So i think all you need is BlackRa1n program and Itunes on a computer and then just run it. The only thing that needs wifi after you have all the programs is the iPod to install Cydia/Rock and packages from the installers.
  8. baghead1013

baghead1013 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    well I don't have iTunes on it that's on the laptop which has Internet should I put it on that one and how much space does blackra1n take up on my pc
  9. Theodosius

Theodosius Active Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    Like a few kb's.

Edit: 594KB's
  10. baghead1013

baghead1013 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    when I use a Cydia installer and install stuff like the vertical pages featured on the front pages can I uninstall them hate to ask so much I just want to know about it and is there any negative things about jailbreaking or can it cause harm to my pc and is there any way to back up the apps on my pc or do I absoloutely have to delete them if I restore my iPod touch and also will it work just fine with iTunes like it would if it wasn't jailbroken