iPod jailbreak brick? - No this is not like the other "crap I broke my ipod" threads

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by Flammadeao, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Flammadeao

Flammadeao New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    This occurred after trying a redsn0w semi-tethered jailbreak attempt. My ipod will not boot in any way at all. The reason I say that this is not like the others is that it is NOT in recovery mode to the best of my knowledge. It does not pop up in itunes, when I try to use rslite to find it I get a "Apple Mobile Device not found in Recovery or DFU" even though it is plainly hooked up to my computer.

This is on a Mac; 10.5.6

I have tried connecting to a windows to see if I got any USB device found chime or something like that, but there is nothing that pops up. It is as though my ipod is invisible. When I hit a power button, or home button (or both) I get no response. The screen does not power up at all.

Yes I have used the search option. The results there do not work for me.

Anyone have any ideas?
  2. Exosion

Exosion Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Congratulations, your the one millionth person to post a topic identical to all the others! Your prize is a copy of 'iPod Touches for Dummies'. Click here to claim your prize.
    ---
    Put it in DFU mode and restore it to apple's 2.2.1. Just like EVERYONE else. =/ Just because your screen won't go on does not prevent you from doing this. And next time, do the run rs method.
  3. Flammadeao

Flammadeao New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well crap. You're right and I was wrong, I apologize for making a millionth page. I appreciate the prize though.... I jumped to the conclusion that since I could not get any screen response and it didn't pop up on either computer I would be unnable to get it into DFU mode. Once again, sorry, although thank you both for being willing to comment on a millionth post; it's appreciated.

Edit; If a Moderator or someone would be willing to delete this thread so it isn't just randomly sitting out here that'd be kinda awesome. As the thread creator I cannot see an option to delete it, or am I just being silly and missing that one too?