Ipod Itouch, Trying to Restore After ZiPhone

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by SleekBullet, Jul 24, 2008.

1. SleekBullet

SleekBullet New Member

Sorry if this thread is somewhere else... I couldn't find it. And i'm trying not to freak out right now.

I got ZiPhone right? I'm using firmware 1.1.4 on a windows XP, anyway I accidentally pressed Jailbreak, and I didn't know you had to uncheck the SIM and UNLOCK things or whatever you find underneath that screen. So I got all the matrix codings crap on the IPhone (8 gig) and all of a sudden it ends in something like Click to EXIT, and at the end it gives like a Date and Time saying something about (code like) something i can't remember. So I freaked out and I decide i should better restore it to normal and get a wiz to do it for me, if i do it at all, its like 1 month old and i already ruined it lol.

So everytime I turn it on I get the codings and it ends in that date and stuff. So i did the restore thing where the ituens icon appears and the usb and connected it, and got to itunes, downloaded the pack and it said after it finished downloading the software "Firmware Corrupt disconnect and reconnect and try again" or osmething along those lines. So I do that... and I Go to apple and it tells me to clear like all the software in the Document and Settings -> Apple Computer -> Ituns -> Software , something like that. So i clear it and im downloading the thing again, but I want to know if its something to do that ZiPhone did or what? I'm losing it o.o.

Thanks and sorry for long post.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. jamil_d

jamil_d Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Never, ever use ZiPhone. PwnageTool, WinPwn, or iLiberty+. Never pay to get your iPod jailbroken. That's my advice.
  3. qbal1

qbal1 New Member

your iPods fine don't worry

its iTunes that's messed up, not your iPod. since its a restore iTunes expects corrupt firmware. the firmware that iTunes downloaded got corrupt so it can't put it on your iPod. I fixed this by restoring on a different PC. if you find and clear the downloaded firmware that will fix the problem. if you have another computer with iTunes, just restore it there. if you can't get anything else to work, just reinstall iTunes. I think one of these methods will work, but its definetly not your iPod

4. SleekBullet

SleekBullet New Member

o.o

First. I didn't pay for it.

Second. Too late, i already used ZiPhone. You're making me look like im doomed here.

As for qbal1, I do have another computer and i'll try downloading it there, but is it normal that everytime i turn it on i get all the code scrolling, and it will only show the ituns icon and the usb if I force the restore which is by holding the home button and connecting it to the computer? Cause if i dont do that i get all those codings!
  5. qbal1

qbal1 New Member

can u get the icon telling you to connect to iTunes?
  6. SleekBullet

SleekBullet New Member

only by clicking home right before cnonecting to the usb. That's the only time. And after about 10 minutes of being connected to the computer it shuts off and i gotta redo that.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Nevernind! SETH (name of ipod) LIVES! I'm so happy! I feel like i lost 100 pounds of pressure off me! thanks qbal1 too, the clearing of the firmware things helped, and it sure made me calmer the note of "your ipod is fine

". not trying to jailbreak anytime soon

7. qbal1

qbal1 New Member

no problem... don't be afraid of firmware erors they can always be fixed