iPod issues - few days after JBing

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by zaltzy, Feb 4, 2009.

1. zaltzy

zaltzy New Member

Hello all

Like most of you, I've JB'en my iPod couple of days ago, ad everything went smoothly - until yesterday.

All of the sudden my Home button refused to get me back to the home menu- the button was working (when I pressed it twice it showed the mini-music controller, and was able to "wake" the screen up when it was turned off) but it just didn't respond to a single press on it and stayed in the "music" section.

A nice rebooting (of course, while using the bootloader) fixed it.

Today, while I was in the gym I encountered another issue- the volume won't go down! Whenever I tried to turn it down (sidebuttons and touch screen), it's just scrolled it's way back up by itself. I tried rebooting, but forgot about the fact that I needed a PC nearby so the rest of my workout was music-less

Please Register or Log in to view images

. anyway-when i got home - another reboot (using the bootloader of course) fixed the problem.

Never had those problem prior to JB / installing 2.2.1 (until JB i used 2.2).

Anyone else has had this sort of issues? You thing I should restore to the original firmware and wait for the untethered release?
  2. l ajax0539 l

l ajax0539 l New Member

did you jailbreak it correctly. you might have to rejailbreak it to fix it
  3. Acester

Acester New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I had the first issue, where the home button wouldn't go back home, but if pressed twice (with any interval of time inbetween, not just a double click) it would pop up the mini music controller.
  4. josh0403

josh0403 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    To fix the first issue, just close the music controller, wait a few seconds, then press it again.

Sometimes happens to me when in Cydia or installer
  5. zaltzy

zaltzy New Member

I believe I did - I used the first tutorial by Arix (and knew where the fault parts in this tutorial were and was able to overcome them by the other posts here) and the bootloader file that was sent to me by someone here.

Yeah I also noticed that the time interval was not relevant to the pop-up when I had that problem

Thanks

6. austen

austen New Member

This is a common 2.2 + 2.2.1 software problem caused by Apple.
    I even had these problems once or twice before jailbreaking.
  7. DJ Silence

DJ Silence New Member

here is what i did, go into cydia and get SBsettings. then there a few widgets for that and one of them is a handy close button and will close the current program u are in. and the other is the processes widget that will also do the same thing, but it will also stop the program from running at that moment, so it saves u batteries. a helpful tool
  8. zaltzy

zaltzy New Member

That's good to know... thanks!

Not sure that I got it but thanks anyway

9. supermonkey

supermonkey New Member

When I had that problem I just synced a song to it from the pc and it got rid of it
  10. dast1g

dast1g New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    my ipod is just after bricking all it has on it is the apple logo i have it jb 4 da last few days can sum1 plz help