iPod is not charging?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by skarylaryrex, May 20, 2009.

1. skarylaryrex

skarylaryrex New Member

I looked in recent threads and couldn't find one with the exact problems I have, when I woke up this morning my iPod was dead even though it was plugged into the cord all night, and it was dead. So, I plugged it into the cord, and it wasn't being charged, it didn't even say it was plugged in. It's now completely out of battery and won't charge, I've tried two different docks, and taken the cord and plugging it into my computer and my Xbox 360.

I was thinking about bringing it into Apple, but it's jailbroken, and I dunno what would happen if they fixed it and they saw it was jailbroken... Btw if it helps I've had this iPod since Christmas 2007, right after they came out. I figure it's just been used too much and the chord doesn't fit correctly, but I don't know. Help will be very much appreciated... Thanks..
  2. fabiansti

fabiansti New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    dude my ipod won't charge either it just stays at the 20% part
  3. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If you've tried everything (including charging through a wall adapter with a new USB cable) and it still won't charge then you probably have a broken connector/ribbon cable. RMA or service.