Ipod is my hot hot problem :S

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by chuy00, Aug 30, 2008.

1. chuy00

chuy00 New Member

Hey i have a problem with my ipod, yesterday i was driving and listening music with my FM transmitter, and suddenly all the screen of my ipod become black, and when i touch it it was really hot, i almost burn my finger, and then i realized a smell of something burning inside my ipod, so i inmediately remove the cable of my transmitter.

One hour later i tried to power on my ipod and it worked, but then i plugged in at my PC and its start to became really hot again, so remove it from the pc.

And now mi ipod smeel like sh*t, and is not working, i tried to go back to recovery mode but it still not working.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Probably apple is going to give me a new one, but anyone had have the same problem ?
    I remember this problem with some generation of ipod nano at Japan, but i never see this on Ipod touch.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    by the way im from Mexico and i dont speak english very well, sorry for the bad grammar.

2. royalblue

royalblue Banned

Device:
    iPhone
    yep they should replace it if its malfunctioning or dangerous
    i havent hAd that problem with mine but i know ppl who have
  3. TheConqueror

TheConqueror New Member

yup people had that! there was a vid or something when they fried an egg on an ipod nanom and also one where they fried an egg on a xbox 360 with RROD
  4. craigstephen420

craigstephen420 New Member

Do yourself a favor, get the refurb which they will give you free of charge, take it home and drop it enough to mess it up. Once messed up, take it back and b*tch that this is the third time you've had to come to the apple store. Make sure you let them know that it is a long drive for you to get to said store, and with enough b*tching, and talking with the manager, he will give you a brand new upgraded ipod. They always do. Especially if you have the warranty. Usually no questions asked, especially when they hook it up to their computers and see its malfunctioning. PS: Don't drop it on the concrete. It will dent it up and then they will know it was purposefully done. Throw it on a carpeted ground or something. I've done it twice now and have been upgraded to the new ipod both times. By the way, your grammar is wonderful!!! !Bienvenido a los Estados Unidos mi amigo!
  5. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    ah thats the excuse i used with apple when my bootloader was corrupted... they just give u a new one =D
  6. eric_chaos

eric_chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    fraud ftl.
    *shakes head*
  7. typoonblade22

typoonblade22 Banned

shut up u TOOL!!!

thats is wat Apple gets wen they make a sh*tty ipod.
  8. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    agreed... but their product is bring me ladies :shock:
  9. craigstephen420

craigstephen420 New Member

Look, I am of the opinion that people who fraud these companies are the reason why the prices on the products are so high. But this has been happening way before I ever bought my first ipod. If you give me a petition that says that is wrong, I'll sign it, but in the meantime, when a company charges $500 for a product that costs less than $100 to make, well I'm sorry, I feel THAT is fraud and I'll do whatever it is in my power to take advantage of any loopholes said company has. And most everyone else does as well so don't act like you don't. Jailbreaking, Getting free apps from itunes, limewire, *******s etc. etc. If you build it, they will come to take advantage.
  10. TmacHot

TmacHot Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    you have to get it to apple