iPod is bricked, or is there a fix?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by croteh, Oct 3, 2009.

1. croteh

croteh New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I was in Europe over the summer, and I charged my iTouch at my cousins house fine, but when I charged it at a friends house and got back to it, the only thing it would display is a white screen.

I've done the Home + Sleep/wake trick, restored 3 times and jailbroken it again to no avail.

Does this mean I'm going to have to buy a new iTouch? I've had this one for about a year and a month or two now, so I don't have a warranty on it, plus I jailbroke it so the warranty was void long ago.
  2. abakalad

abakalad Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    either your friend dropped it and screwed the screen or there was a strange power fluctuation of some kind. maybe you could replace the screen instead of buying a new ipod if you know how.

And... don't call it an iTouch....... please
  3. croteh

croteh New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    How would I go about replace the screen on my ipod?

And my friend didn't drop it for sure, as it was on his computer desk when I got there, and we were both outside together all day at the Cliffs of Dover with his parents. Nobody was at his house, so it couldn't have fallen.

I've read that it could be a difference in wattage (They use like 220watts I think) and it fried a diode or something in the iPod.