iPod is better than Laptop and CD Player?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by stevenplanet, Jan 14, 2008.

1. stevenplanet

stevenplanet Banned

I just got the OneRepublic album, from a friend, ripped a few songs from it to put it in my ipod. I then went on to listen to it on my iPod Touch 8 GB 1.1.2 jailbroken. It played fine, high quality and no skips. but when I played the mp3 file on my laptop, it skipped like crazy, and the music was choppy, and so I took the songs that I ripped and burned them back on to a CD and tried playing it in my car. It SKIPPED and LAgged like crazy, like it would play then would replay the last few seconds over and over again. Does the iPod have a better sound codec or something, I synched over and over again, and I am sure it is the same file.
  2. Conya

Conya Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Wow.

Try playing your files on the computer, in WMP, and it might just be iTunes that is the case.
    If it works fine in WMP, re-install iTunes, and try it again on iTunes.

In your car, (if it has one) put it in another disc slot (some cars have a 5 cd changer), and if that doesn't work, try it in all the slots, with new CD's if you want.

Hope this helps.

~Conya
  3. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It seems more like it is more likely an isolated problem with your laptop. How much RAM do you have, and do you have any memory intensive programs running?

That would cause the skipping if you don't have much ram, and it could also affect the quality of the burning.
  4. Conya

Conya Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Yeah, that sounds right.. ^^

Listen to him.

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. stevenplanet

stevenplanet Banned

I have an old laptop 512 MB of RAM, but I can play other songs on WMP and iTunes fine. I like listening to music while I work, and I tried the mp3 \ at work just a few minutes ago and it skips and lags. And I tested the CD on a bunch of CD players, all skippy, the only place that the song doesn't skip and lag is my iPod.