iPod is absolutely dead!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by singing_ape, Jun 21, 2008.

1. singing_ape

singing_ape New Member

Hi everyone
    I have a serious problem with my iPod Touch... so I tried out WinPwn... restored the iPod... then i actually used iPwner and it really "pwned" my iPod

Please Register or Log in to view images

Now it is off instantly i cannot turn it on or anything!!!
    I have done everything to get into restore mode it wont even react if I plug it into the PC iTunes doensnt react neither does the iPod in any way =(
    So I would really really appreciate all your help if you know anything what I could do now it would be very nice im couting on you!
    So thank you already now for your help!
    greez singing_ape
  2. ipNinja

ipNinja New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Only know solution is:
    Completely uninstall iTunes reboot then instal itunes 7.5
    Plug ipod in to pc or mac and hold in the power button and home button for 10 secs(yes count it out)
    Then release power button but STAY holding the home button untill iTunes picks up the iPod in restore mode

Good luck dude

EDIT:: And Welcome to iPTF btw
  3. singing_ape

singing_ape New Member

so i have heard i could perhaps just get a new one (what would of cause absolutely comfort me!!) but i thank u so much for your fast help which i will try your idea if apple messes something aroung (but i guess and hope nothing will go wrong^^)
    really good community right here!
    Edit: Thank you for welcoming me^^
  4. mlbplayer456

mlbplayer456 Banned

does it plain not turn on? that sucks
  5. singing_ape

singing_ape New Member

it doesnt react to anything i can do anything i want to it but nothing happens display is black and thats it... i've grown with the attitude that u cannot break the ipod per software... but i have as always got the luck to do the wrong sh*t exactly at the time i should not^^ but now im hoping i can get actually a new one because i dont think apple has got a lot more ways but to open it and u know put the flashdrive into a reader but i think thats a lot too circuitous as said in the thread how to get a new ipod they just have bout an hour for an ipod touch^^ i hope for the best now xD
  6. ddgv

ddgv Well-Known Member

have u tried multiple times to put it into DFU mode and in different computers???..... that solved many cases a couple weeks/months ago