Ipod/Iphone on ipaq

Discussion in 'iOS Emulators' started by mossme89, Feb 20, 2008.

1. mossme89

mossme89 Member

i'm not sure this is the right place to post this, but it is an ipod touch emulator.....

my neighbor, who wants an ipod touch after seeing mine, installed an ipod touch emaulator on her ipaq. How would she go about jailbreaking her "ipod"?
  2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Um I don't think that's going to work out. First of all its not even an ipod, can't connect to iTunes, and I don't think the iPod and ipaq have the same processors.

On another note, how advanced is this "ipod touch emulator"?
  3. mossme89

mossme89 Member

Idk, looked like it ran pretty fast on the several youtube videos i saw:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=U0EDd85F2pc

edit: looks like it is just a mod, a different theme for windows mobile
  4. plokiju

plokiju New Member

Its just a skin, thats like if you get a Vista skin for your iPod and you expect it to run Vista programs. Its not going to happen
  5. mossme89

mossme89 Member

sorry guys, my mistake. somebody please close this thread
  6. [AFX]

[AFX] Well-Known Member

yeah, people over at xda-devlopers.com created one (a theme), and that is what your neighbour is probably using. i think you might be able to find some other resources at www.aximsite.com in the themes section, or on Lakeridges' website at http://www.lakeridgesoftware.com (the software you are refering to that allows this is Wisbar Advance 2/3 and Wisbar Advance Desktop, which is created by the owner of Lakeridge Software).

more specifically, it depends if the iPaq is at a QVGA (240x320, which im assuming it is) or VGA (480x640, looks crisp and solid much like your computer monitor for example, i doubt the ipaq is this) resolution. themes for WA2/WA3 and WAD are usually designed for specific resolutions.

i think you are in luck with the iPhone theme that was developed at xda-developers.com as i think that is in QVGA resolution. you would just need the software to do the skinning.

EDIT: for obvious reasons (iPaq is running Windows Mobile 2003/5/6) the device cannot be jailbreaked, just in case anything was really thinking so.
  7. windycitycubs

windycitycubs New Member

whats up people?