Ipod In Infinite Loop, Help Plz

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by GearHead4, Jan 13, 2008.

1. GearHead4

GearHead4 New Member

Hey there guys. i hope you can help me out. i did a few searches and didnt find anything about this, if i missed something i apologize ahead of time.....i had 15 mb free of app space on my touch so i decided to give bosstools a try. after i installed it and ran it, half of my apps disappeared. it was like as if links to them were never created. they were still installed but couldnt be found. i decided to restore my ipod. when i tried to it came up with an "Restore Error -18" i thought it was becase of the apps or something. so i went and uninstalled everything. all but installer and the BSD. my ipod is now in a infinite loop of doing the loading symbol (spinning circle of bars) it spins for around 5-10 seconds then reloads the slide bar (ipod stays locked, cant get in) i can get it to turn off and on but nothing else. and itunes keeps giving me restore errors. Any suggestions guys? Anything would be greatly appreciated.

Please Register or Log in to view images

THX
  2. sharkie545

sharkie545 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    put it in recovery mode and update to 1.1.2
  3. Tigerclaw

Tigerclaw New Member

The only thing I can suggest is a forced restore as if you was jailbreaking it for the first time, and re-install all your apps from scratch.

It would mean downloading the 1,1,1 firmware and following the instructions for jailbreaking.
  4. GearHead4

GearHead4 New Member

Thanks alot guys. i never got restore mode to work but after you mentioned it i was able to figure out from the forums. its all good now. thanks for the quick help guys!