iPod iBoot screw up. Cannot fix.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by scjsean, Feb 9, 2010.

1. scjsean

scjsean Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    I was messing around in supreme settings 3.0 and wanted a change. So, I disabled all of supreme settings and hit the reset all settings button in normal settings and it went to reboot. It went into recovery mode like a charm and i went to run blackra1n to make it usable again and it would not work. It showed GeoHot's face for a much longer time then usual. Five minutes later the spinner comes up but it does not take long to freeze. After five or so more of that it reboots and it takes a lot longer to go from the apple to the restore screen.

I have found out it is possible to sync it while GeoHot's face is frozen on the screen. It gets to the frozen spinner while it is syncing. Then when it is finished syncing it reboots again and takes the same long time to go to the restore screen.

Is there any way to fix this without restoring?

Also, what happened?
  2. SpeedyApocalypse

SpeedyApocalypse Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    This happened to me when I tried to reset and it messed it up. I don't think that you can fix it without restoring >.< Restore it then re-jailbreak and it will work.
  3. ish1tsn0w

ish1tsn0w Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    sorry even if their was a way to fix it without restoring i wouldn't do it cuz i want a clean working ipod.
  4. scjsean

scjsean Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Anybody have any idea what happened. I program iPhones and in UNIX and would just like to know why.