Ipod Home Screen Blank?!?!?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Schleigz, Apr 19, 2008.

1. Schleigz

Schleigz New Member

Hey you guys,
    I know topics were already posted about a "blank home screen", but all of the solutions to those posts were useless to me. Either the post did not contain any solution to the problem, or the solution failed. My problem specifically is that when I resprung my Ipod through Summerboard and slid to enter, all that showed up was my status bar and wallpaper for my theme. No icons, no dock, no nothing. Now I don't know what could possible cause this random problem, but it's probably not good at all. Here's what I did before this problem arose:
    • I messed with the Preferences.app folder in /Applications to change to the new Preferences 2.0 posted recently
    • Then I took a file called N45AP.plist that was included with that post and put it in the following folder /System/Library/CoreServices/Springboard.app
    • That file that I put in there replaced the old one, but I did back that up the old one

After respringing my Ipod and sliding to enter, I came face to face with that horrific blank screen staring back at me. I thought that maybe if I replaced that new file I put in with the backup one I saved would fix the problem, but it did not unfortunately. Can someone please help me out. Your advice would mean a lot to me. Thanks...

Schleigz
  2. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

Launch Customize via SSH, by typing this command

/Applications/Customize.app/Customize

in your SSH client.
    Customize should then launch on your iPod and you can unhide the icons. If they still don't show up, you can try messing around with Customize enough, it will make a new N45AP.plist and your apps should show up as far as I know.
  3. Schleigz

Schleigz New Member

thanks

Yeah, idk what may have happened, but it's fixed now. I just got so frustrated that I shut off my iPod (which I did try before to fix it but it didn't work), and just let it sit there for a couple of hours while I let off some steam through SSBB on Wii. I come back ready to solve the problem, and like a message from God, everything is back on the home screen. I think the problem may have been that MobileScrobbler was still installing. I had tried to install it previous to all that playing around with Preferences 2.0, but installer said" Mainscript Execution Failed". So I exited and then did the prefs 2.0 stuff and resprung. Thats when my home screen blanked. Now I have a MobileScrobbler icon and app, so maybe it was just finishing installing. Who knows??? Technology still is a mystery...
  4. rayden

rayden Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I've got the same problem when I was in 1.1.1

I installed so many application and then a message for low memory suddenly came out. Then I installed BossTool in order to get more capacity trough media disk. It resprung itself, and then suddenly all my Application on homescreen became [?]. Panicking, I connected my iTouch to iTunes, but it still could be recognize.
    I went back to homescreen, tried to tap the screen, but nothing came out. And then sadly, I restore my iTouch, then update to 1.1.4 through iTunes...

Please Register or Log in to view images

and jailbroke through iLiberty+.

Hiks, I have lost all my pictures, songs, notes, lovely VistaMaximus 4 themes and everything......

Eventho I am happy now (really really happy I could say) with 1.1.4, but I still wanna know how to recover my iTouch if I get this problem again in the future. And what should I did at that time, actually?

Please, anyone have solution?