ipod high dock and stacked dock.

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by bloodyfart, Mar 21, 2008.

1. bloodyfart

bloodyfart Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Okay i am on 1.1.4 and i have numerous themes on my ipod that use the iphone dock, but for some reason my dock wont switch from the iphone to the ipod dock.

I am using danimator's custom edition of customize and advanced prefs.

toggling the "ipod dock" in the advanced preferences dont seem to do anything. When i switch from the iphone dock, to the small black rectangle in customize, i just get two leopard docks stacked ontop of each other. Toggling the ipod dock in preferences AND selecting the black rectangle at the same time, doesnt do anything either.

like so

Please Register or Log in to view images

and when i uninstall summerboard, i just get a leopard style dock that gets stretched up higher

like so again.

So my problem is basically, i cant switch to the ipod dock, i either get two docks ontop of each other, or a stretch docked to fit the iphone style dock. Can anyone help?
  2. HotBrownies

HotBrownies New Member

i've had this problem several times aswell. i would like some help too, for future refrence. cus i ended up restoring my ipod anyway.
  3. Tigerclaw

Tigerclaw New Member

Okay I had this too. See screen shot.

All I did was open the dock you want to use in a paint type program, I used Paint Shop Pro.
    I noticed that the "dock" was sitting high, meaning there was a big gap UNDER the dock.(see screen shot 2)

I just cut the dock part and pasted it lower down, on the bottom of the picture. this solved my problem

(See screen shot 3)

I hope this helps you guys.

Attached Files:

4. meepo

meepo New Member

okay that method does not work for me, because that would mean doing that for every single one of my docks. Also doing that wouldnt help me anyway because some docks require the labels to be closer to the dock icons, and some require it to be farther. So if I just do that my docks will look weird. Skylars preferences was supposed to do this for me, but it doesn't so im still having this problem.
  5. bloodyfart

bloodyfart Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yeah i really don't want to do that with all my docks either. Is there an easier way? That actually does the label thing too? I have the same problem as meepo
  6. Rocky5

Rocky5 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    There is two dock files in /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app named

1. SBDockBG.png This is the default dock for some reason they start to gub up after change the dock to ipod you need to replace this with a dock that is 320x91.

2. SBDockBG2.png Back this one up and replace it with a transparent .png

also could you tell me if there is a image before SBDockBG.png as i think i deleted it by accident

i have
    RingerChanged.aif

------------- Not sure if there is a image here or file.

SBDockBG.png
    SBDockBG2.png
  7. meepo

meepo New Member

k, but is there a way to make the dock labels closer to the icons?
  8. Rocky5

Rocky5 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Am not sure.

could you please post the image that i deleted its the small red circle that goes on the on indicators its just above SBDockBG.png as i dont want to have the restore again cheers.
  9. Rocky5

Rocky5 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Could any one please post all the png files from the springboard.app folder please as this would be much appreciated.
  10. StormShadow

StormShadow New Member