iPod heats up

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by augmiester123, Jun 30, 2009.

1. augmiester123

augmiester123 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have a jailbroken ipod touch with 3.0 firmware. The back right corner of my ipod touch has been heating up when i use it. Its noticable but not that bad. It also happened when i was in 2.2.1 firmware. I was just asking if it was a bad thing? What should i do?
  2. JOS

JOS Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    From what I know, it's normal for your Touch to heat up. This is caused by having multiple apps running, e.g. Music+Safari+Wifi+Miscellaneous JB app processes. Another heat instance is when you're using your Touch while you're charging it. It will juggle between charging and usage, causing it to heat up. Above all, it's normal for heating to happen.
  3. Ryuzaki

Ryuzaki Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    It's pretty normal.
    Just give it a break from time to time.
  4. -Xi-

-Xi- Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    If it's the top right, it's the wi-fi adapter heating up. It's normal, unless it's excessively hot.

If it's bottom right/middle, it's the processor. Again, normal unless it's REALLY hot.
  5. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Just don't use your iPod too long if you're charging it with a wall charger. It starts to get pretty damn hot.
  6. 4NewHop3

4NewHop3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    this also happens when u have a case at the same time using it while charging....its very bad at times but normal...once i went to pick my iPod Touch up when i was done eating...guess what happened...the case burned meh but only because it was a hard case xD(this happened with my old 1st gen iPod Touch)...i am an Apple Fanboy and i like using my iPod Touch like every second...even more then my windows 7 laptop(i got the free version when it was out in the microsoft download center)
  7. Code Name_Raven

Code Name_Raven Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    On the apple iPod touch online instructions it say to let your iPod " breathe" while charging it by taking it out of the case, but yeah, it's definately normal for your iPod to heat up