iPod Headphone jack broken. Is there a headphone adapter that uses the charging port?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Colbs, Dec 20, 2008.

1. Colbs

Colbs New Member

Ok so a few days ago i realized that my headphone jack was broken, since i cannot get proper sound unless i wiggle (several different, working) pairs of headphones in the exact right position. I called for a repair and they said that i was about 5 days out of warranty, so no dice....some BS. anywayyy

I dont want to spend 150 bucks to get it repaired (what apple offers), and i dont want to spend even more to get a new one. So my question is, are there any adapters that use that charging/dock jack in most ipods, that will allow me to plug headphones into the ipod? basically what a want is to be able to listen to music though the large (i dont know the name of it) jack where you charge/dock an ipod touch.
  2. beebop

beebop New Member

I don't think so unfortuneately, but maybe there is a chance of getting a bluetooth adapter that will fit there and you could listen to music wirelessly... but as I say, I don't know for sure
  3. sdschramm

sdschramm Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Sadly, I don't think this will be easy.

You would need THIS and then THIS

It would look like this: sorry for the poor "ms painting"

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. tmaxx445

tmaxx445 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Dealextreem has one for like 6$ but I'm On my iPod touch and can coppy and paste other wise I would post a link. I will post one from the computer in the morning. Or you can find it under the iPod stuff on their website. They have black and white.

Tmaxx445
  5. LovesToTouch

LovesToTouch New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Wow they want 150 for such a simple problem.

This happened to my old mp3 player before i got my ipod touch 16gb

It was a sh*tty like 1gb sandisk and youd have to wobble the headphone jack in just the right place and then not move it at all to get it to work. So one day i said screw it took it apart found the sodder that connects the headphone jack to the mobo was broken away mostly and i resoddered it and it works fine now.

So if your confident with your hardware knowhow you could do something like this if you can take apart your ipod touch and since your warranty is invalid allready it doesn't matter if your disasemble it.
  6. koyote1978

koyote1978 New Member

gear4blueye

I saw this in London and bought it a few month ago:

http://www.gear4blueye.com/uk/index.php

It's also a remote, an FM reciever and a Bluetooth connector to your mobile.
    I only used the remote function which worked fine with my 1G Touch. The FM reciever is not so good as the reception is so-so and the display does not show the station/frequenzy. I never tried the bluetooth/ didn't need it.

I spent around 50 EUR and the only problem was, that remote sometimes skipped to the next song when I tried to squeeze the clip to put it on my jacket.

I haven't used it in a while as I found that I never used the remote often enough to justify the extra stuff dangling around.
  7. Colbs

Colbs New Member

thanks for those links guys. im going to go into apple today and complain about my case, because technically it should be covered. if all else fails, ill have to get one of those inline converter dohickies
  8. tmaxx445

tmaxx445 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  9. sdschramm

sdschramm Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  10. batman4us

batman4us New Member

in-line volume

just connect an inline volume wire(buy from ebay for $4) after you connected the dock-3.5mm thingy then connect your headphone to that and your good to go. Never tried this, but I don't see why it shouldn't work.