Ipod going for repair, need some Q's answered

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ri0ku, Nov 22, 2008.

1. ri0ku

ri0ku New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hey, ok so this week my ipod touch decided to not work properly.. as in the headphone jack seems to be faulty... The slightest knock of headphones plugged in seems to cut off the left audio or sometimes just makes it silent or even cuts off all the sound altogether.

Apple are going to repair it for free (Its just the 1st gen ipod touch) but I have 2.0.2 jailbreak on it. So what do I do to get it back to a normal state? Do I just simply click restore in itunes?

Also when I get the ipod back I will again want to re jailbreak it and I still have the custom firmware 2.0.2 file so can I restore in itunes to that file again? or would I need to do the whole jailbreak thing again... in winpwn?
  2. andyt4097

andyt4097 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You need to restore it before you send it to Apple, or else you will get it back in the same condition you sent it in.
  3. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Restore it in iTunes, and once you get it back you'll just need to load the custom firmware as long as you saved it. If not, yeah, you'll have to do that all over again.
  4. andrewpiro

andrewpiro New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    restore it, and they usually send you a refurb, which will not have any of your music or anything on it, so just restore your ipod.
  5. ri0ku

ri0ku New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    thanks guys, so if I get a refurb back I can add the custom 2.0.2 firmware which I still have saved on my laptop and just restore to that when the ipod comes back?
  6. andyt4097

andyt4097 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yeah, that should work.