iPod - Getting it repaired question

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iEfforts, Mar 8, 2009.

1. iEfforts

iEfforts New Member

First of all, I'm probably sure there are other topics about this. I really do not like searching on this site. I can look up stuff like "getting ipod repaired and sent to apple" and I get stuff about jailbreaking and pretty much anything to do with ipod and apple. I can see why people make many threads about the same topics. ITS f***ING HARD TO SEARCH ON HERE!

Anyway, back to my real topic. I sent my ipod yesterday, but I'm a little worried because I've never done this whole shipping process thing. So all I did(or my dad did) was drop off the box at some fed ex place and left. He didn't wait in line or anything, all he did was drop it off and I guess he put it in a box. Usually when things are shipped to me I get tracking numbers which can be really helpful. I have no idea how I was supposed to get a tracking number.

Also, how long would the box take to arrive at apple if I sent it yesterday?

And my iPod is jailbroken, although you can't tell cuz it can't turn on. If they find out it's jailbroken, will they give it back and alert me by email ahead of time?
  2. ipodtouchesrule

ipodtouchesrule Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well I'm not 100% sure about dropping it off at FedEx, but it probably be more convenient it you left it at where you bought it. Like me I bought mine at Best Buy. I dropped it off at there customer service/Geek Squad.

Mine took about 1 week. However it could take longer or shorter. It all depends when they fix it and shipping.

Well if you tried everything and nothing works, then your alright. However if you didn't try restoring, or not that much. Then your iPod will probably be shipped back to you with nothing done in order to fix it. Jailbreaking voids you warranty.
  3. Spool

Spool New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I sent mine in last Wednesday and the replacement came today (I had a light leak issue). Did you call Apple and have them send you a packing box? That's what I did. They send you a box with packing materials. You simply place it in the box tape it up and either take it to a FedEx location or as I did call FedEx and they will pick it up. It was a quick and easy process for me.
  4. erichuynh05

erichuynh05 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    My ipod touch got replaced because everytime i put it on lock it wouldnt turn on so i had to restore, but it just kept on happening so yeah. They gave me a replacement one. Also you should have called apple and they would have sent you a box to send it in for free

Please Register or Log in to view images