iPod frozen

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Caprica, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Caprica

Caprica New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    I installed the update to Cydia earlier but everything seemed to go perfectly fine with it, even after I rebooted. I used the touch fine for like 5 hours yesterday, i went back into Cydia again to uninstall an app I decided I didn't need. However all that came up this time was the background GUI stuff, no text/buttons or anything so I try to quit it with the home button.. doesn't work, nor does the power button i try to restart it and nothing still.

Its still stuck on 1.23am while its now 1.50am here the only thing it seems to have done is dim the backlight ( I had the brightness set to the lowest possible already though) normally it does reboot itself after that but it hasn't this time.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Its got a full battery too so waiting for it to die will take forever. I really want to avoid restoring it btw. Is there any other way to kick it out of the freeze?
  2. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Hard reboot, lol.
  3. Caprica

Caprica New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    I did try that of course.

I was about to give up and just update to 2.0.2 then while I was finding my firmware file it decided to reboot. weird.

But all seems well again.