Ipod frozen on the apple logo

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Rol&, Jun 14, 2008.

1. Rol&

Rol& Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    My ipod was working fine and I downloaded some apps from installer and when I tried to use them it returned to the springboard, so I put it in restore mode, but it froze on the apple logo and the little circle spinning
    please help!
    ohh it was 1.1.3 but I upgraded it

oh! and when I put it in restore mode, itunes says that it will download the latest version and then restore, but it takes like 5 hours to download and itunes must be open

haha another thing: in itunes it shows my ipod with all the music and stuff, but in the ipod is the apple logo with the little wheel! help please
  2. P0150N0U5 F15)-(

P0150N0U5 F15)-( Banned

Slow down!!! Ok, first of all, your problem that made you try to restore, wasn't a problem that needed you to restore for, as it was probably a problem with permissions, which is easily fixable. Secondly, if you cannot restore using iTunes normaly do this:

• Hold down the power/sleep button on the top with the home button below the screen
    • Keep holding both buttons until you see it restart at the point of the apple logo first come up
    • Now, release the power button, but NOT the home button.
    • After it shows the connect to itunes screen, you can let go of the home button.
    • Restore in iTunes using 1.1.4 firmware, it may take a while to download, but it will be worth it...
    • Jailbreak again using ziphone
    • Don't immediately restore if you have a problem like this, ask on the forum

Oh, and welcome to the forums !!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. flattop95

flattop95 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    this happened to me. i restored, didn't jailbreak, but when i tried to sync i got the spinning wheel at the apple logo, what i had to do was fix it was try restoring on another cpu
  4. lilsleepy59

lilsleepy59 Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    you can manually download the firmware you want to. Download the firmware that you wish to have from here http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/ . Now open itunes hold SHIFT then click restore. you will then have to find and click on the firmware you manually downloaded, you wait and done^^.
  5. Rol&

Rol& Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I just did it!
    ahhh so relieved

Please Register or Log in to view images

Well two lessons learned from this:
    1. 95% of tha answers of 95% of the problems are on the forums so search
    2. Don't restore because of everything that happen to your ipod

two hours ago I was thinkin: "OMG! the apple logo took control over my ipod!"
    thanks you all