Ipod froze for some reason

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mexicanbaby5, Jan 20, 2008.

1. mexicanbaby5

mexicanbaby5 New Member

okay, well I just had a panic attack but I'm okay now. I was just ya know installing some new things since I did the free disk space. I installed waves and found it was cool and I could totally trick my friends. Then I installed the ebook Harry Potter and the sorcerers stone. When it was done and went to springboard the loading symbol came up and forze. Then it started flashing and it would turn off or anything! Myself, not being patient, just thought I would have to restore, but after a while it eventually restarted and is back to normal. I just want to know if anyones knows what could have caused this and what I could do so it doesn't happen again, it scarred the crap out of me!
    Also, when I go to iphysics, it starts flashing...this just started today. Anyone know about that too?
  2. cameleon1267

cameleon1267 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    do you use the "dim wallpaper" option in summerboard ? it cause random freeze for some people. I recommand to not use this option.
  3. Paco_777

Paco_777 New Member

With Waves 1.2 :
    when the floating button is visible, restarting SpringBoard (ie with SummerBoard, or with the installer i guess too) may freeze the phone forcing the need of a hard reboot (holding home and power button at the same time).
    It is then currently suggested to close Waves before manually restarting SpringBoard.
  4. mexicanbaby5

mexicanbaby5 New Member

no I don't use dim wallpaper. Actually what I just realized is waves is gone. I am guessing it must have been waves since it must have disappeared after it finally restarted.