iPod Exchange

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by canine, Sep 16, 2008.

1. canine

canine New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Okay i have a 3 year waranty for my ipod touch 1st gen so i still have plenty of time i want to trade in my ipod at best buy and i will get 249 so i can either get the new nano ot the ipod touch 2nd gen. but my question is should i trade it in now and get one or do you think a new ipod will come out before 2010 and if it does will the trade in price for the 1st gen ipod touch go down?

NOW OR LATER???

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. azucar

azucar New Member

Personally, I would trade it in now and get what you want. I'm guessing that an updated, but not necessarily "new and completely redesigned" iPod will be released by 2010. I also bet that your trade in price will go down by that time as the market becomes saturated with the iPod Touch. You know how everyone seems to always want the latest, newest everything? Well, your Touch will probably not be highly sought after by that point in time. And not to be morbid, but as a fact of life, you just never know when your time will come. You may be deceased by 2010! If you have the extra cash to offset the price difference and really want the updated version, go ahead and make yourself happy. I have the 1st Generation Touch that I pre-ordered from Apple last August, but wish I had the option to trade in at Best Buy. The new Nanos look pretty sweet, too, and they now contain the accelerometer. But in my humble opinion, you should make yourself happy and not worry about future product releases and get what you want now so GET to Best Buy and GET THAT NEW TOUCH while your 1st Gen is still worth $250 in trade!! Hope this helps ya.
  3. canine

canine New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ur right cuz they said they'll give me a gift card and if i dont want to buy the nano right away ill have time, but do gift cards expire?
  4. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    it depends on the store, some if not used for a certain amount of time decrease the value
  5. makaveldon04i

makaveldon04i New Member

they expire after a year or two...i thought best buys warranty = 30 day return policy, then only if you have hardware related issues then you can return it?
  6. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

Next Time, Make A Poll

First of all, you should made a poll for this kind of question.
    And also, change it now before the 1G touch becomes too old, and no one wants it.
  7. canine

canine New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    best buy has trade ins
    ------------------double post merged------------------

Please Register or Log in to view images

Please READ: or do you think i should return it cuz then ill get more money. do u think theyll accept the excuse that i dont like it and that i dont want to pay for the updates? if not what will