iPod enters DFU randomly -- please help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by geiman, Jun 19, 2008.

1. geiman

geiman New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hey all, been dealing with this problem for a few months, I've searched countless sites over and over trying to find someone with the same problem but I haven't found any help yet, so my last resort is to post and see who can help. Anyways, a few months back, I started having problems with my iPod randomly entering DFU mode; the screen stays black, itunes only wants to recover it, and iLiberty/ZiPhone both say it is in DFU mode. It is the strangest thing, one minute my iPod is working great, no problem, but after I leave it alone and come back later it is messed up again.

And when I say this happens randomly, I truly mean randomly; It will work fine for a week or two and then suddenly start going into DFU. Sometimes it only works for a day or less.

This seems strange for me too; the first time it happened was after I had been on a 1.1.2 original jailbroken iPod: in other words, I had only restored once to jailbreak it the first time, and then I had never had to restore/rejailbreak. So when it entered DFU mode, I had no clue what that even was. So I tried repeatedly holding the top and bottom buttons to force reset it while it was plugged into my computer so I could tell when it would shut off and come back on. And after many tries, it would boot up normally and work fine. However, then later it kick back into DFU for no reason at all.

When I go to restore it, it takes many tries for it to work. The most frequent error I get is 6, but I think I have had about 6 all together. Eventually I can get it restored and working fine, but then it is only a matter of time before it stops working and I must try and restore. And by the way, this has happened with 1.1.2, 1.1.3, and 1.1.4, and every jailbroken method out there except for ZiPhone.

I'm sorry this is so long but it is such an odd problem, if anyone can help I would be more than grateful.

Thank you
  2. Simondude56

Simondude56 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Then use ZiPhone?
  3. mlbplayer456

mlbplayer456 Banned

ya try ziphone if you havent yet
  4. Cheat_Code

Cheat_Code Member

Device:
    iPhone
    well restore it and take it to the apple store near you and say "MY IPOD RANDOMLY GOSE INTO RESTORE MODE I WANT A NEW ONE NOW!!!" or you can winpwn or pwn it on 1.1.4.

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. 48days

48days Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Yeah, I think it's your actually iPod that's the problem... bring it back.
  6. geiman

geiman New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    So will Apple take it back solely on my word that it doesn't work even if it is out of warranty and I have had it since December
  7. buckycat

buckycat New Member

umm... The warranty lasts a year.
  8. geiman

geiman New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Does the one year warranty even apply after you've already had an iPod replaced once. The first one I received arrived DOA, and I sent it back to get a new one which was a pain; anyways, I seem to remember reading something about 90 days, I'll have to look up those papers again...
  9. Poopymath

Poopymath New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Just brick your iPot using WinPwn then just get your iPot replaced with apple.